Monday, September 18, 2006

Wounds of Love

Wounds of love are like a sexually transmitted disease (STD). They hurt our heart and soul deeply. Our hurting selves pass on the pain to the next person who has the misfortune to love us. Often, we pass it on with a carelessness and recklessness, that is similar to a diseased person passing on the STD virus. Like the virus, the hurt spreads from lover to lover, to their lovers and partners, and even to the kids who are born of such unions, in an ever widening circle which spans coast to coast, continent to continent, generation to generation.

It is tragic! So often, the victims to whom we pass on the hurt come to us simply because they love us and trust us. We embrace them with both arms, taking them close to our diseased heart, drawing sustenance from their pure love, and in return giving them a gift of pain, wounding their pure hearts and sending them on... Much like how we were wounded a long time ago, by people who were victims themselves.

Escaping from this cycle of getting hurt and passing on the hurt, is as tough as getting out of the cycle of birth and death, as elusive as Nirvana itself! I am not asking to escape. Right now, I will settle for simply not hurting anybody, anybody at all.

12 comments:

  1. What a moron! even in 21st century talking abt love and stuffs
    go read dawkins and pinker, get a life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in exactly the same place right now. This time I am the victim, although I've been the perpetrator on more than one occasion, I'm sad to say. Your words resonate with such truth to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LL,
    Wishing you healing, and sending the most gentle, healing energy your way.

    Take care,
    Priya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear LL,
    Hope all's well. Please to check your yahoo account.

    Thank you,
    Priya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey LL..Check my profile to c lotsa cnages ok...
    Now come to your post...I believe in the same thing...Its so true regards how we pass the hurt to ppl we love or who love us..I can see it happening with how I deal with my parents and wish not to do so but they r the inspiration from where I draw positive energy to make myself stronger! Good post buddy..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so true..I have been a victim myself ..but I try breakin the cycle..to love the person you hate is difficult but not impossible..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Methinks self-awareness is a fantastic place to start...

    ReplyDelete
  8. LL,

    STD is an inappropriate simile. No hurt lingers long enough if the hurt can be soothed by a nice maiden. You must try the 'paid' variety--of course you must be man enough to admit that you 'pay' for 'services' rendered and in that sense expect to enjoy the service. I have known growing up in ole India my friends and seniors often boasting they never paid up and I ask them why or why not? You pay for a hairdresser you pay for a shoeshine and you pay for your own 'joy toy'. QED.
    Thank you and I have been through this a few times and moved on...shit happens

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the comment, DB. I have a personal policy against paying for any services of a sexual nature. I don't judge others who pay for it. I don't think it is morally wrong or anything. I have my own reasons for not wanting to pay for it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just came across this post...what you said is very true...very true indeed. I hope that you are feeling better now...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh...and you can pay for sex...but you cannot pay for love, I'm afraid...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, Librarian. I am better now, but it is still hard to escape the cycle of hurt and hurting.

    ReplyDelete

Please do not comment as Anonymous. Please use a name when commenting... even a false one will do! :-) You don't have to register to use a name.