Saturday, February 05, 2005

Eating alone and waking up alone in the morning!

Watched a Korean movie last night: Shiri.

Really liked it. It is a political action thriller with a romantic story woven in. It is apparently the most commercially successful Korean movie to date.

I watched it at this colleague-friend's place Friday evening, after work. (Was surprised that he had chosen a Korean movie; did not think he was the foreign movie type). Anyway, I was going home later, driving alone and remembered the romantic moments from the movie and the heart-movingly cute heroine. I remembered the romantic moments... their going to a play, their having dinner together, their standing on the side walk, taking shelter from the rain, their kissing... And I remembered my looong single status and loneliness... Felt unhappy and frustrated. Left with a feeling of helplessness and inadequacy.

I wonder why I am alone. It's not like anything is wrong with me. I have consciously made myself into the best person I could be. I am stably employed, I am well educated, I am smart. I have good tastes, I am polite and cultured, I am deeply interested in spirituality. I am friendly and kind and romantic. I can sing, I can cook, I can make a woman feel like she is the most special person in the world. I can even dance when I am in the mood. And I am really really nice.

So, why don't I have an equally nice girl with me right now? To share similar romantic moments as the ones I saw in the movie? Someone to fill my life and world with the yin energy, the feminine smells and sounds and preferences. Someone who would eat with me and who would be there when I wake up. The heroine in the movie tells the hero, "You did not like eating alone and waking up alone in the morning." That is exactly what I do, and what I hate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not comment as Anonymous. Please use a name when commenting... even a false one will do! :-) You don't have to register to use a name.