Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Baby's Got Back!


Know whose back you see in the picture? It belongs to Aishwarya Rai, Miss World 1994! Yes, that voluptuous picture is of Aishwarya's back.

This picture was taken at the Cannes International Film Festival, in May 2005. However, I saw this picture recently and was surprised. Pleasantly so.

I am not a fan of Aishwarya Rai, nor am I into celebrity watching. However, I am not a hermit living in the mountains. If you are an Indian, it is impossible to miss her in numerous print, TV and Internet ads, as well as in the movies. During the past dozen or more years that I have seen her in the media, she has never appeared less than perfectly "modelled". Meaning, she has never looked nor acted as anything but a super model, complete with put-on mannerisms and smiles.

So, I am surprised to notice that Aishwarya has the average "medium-built" Indian woman's fleshy back. This picture makes me see her in a whole new light. And I like what I see. It makes her appear more alive and real, less made-up and artificial. The average fleshy back does for me what all the super model looks and mannerisms could not! I mean, which young man cannot feel a stirring, if he were to imagine that back bent before him?

So, here's a cheer to your back and here's wishing you a very happy birthday, Aishwarya! May the passing years make you prettier in real, natural ways...as opposed to the artificial, cosmetic market-driven ways!

7 comments:

  1. Ahh,I'm glad people are finally coming around to my way of thinking.Too bad I didn't bring this picture to your notice before.It's dated allright,but hey,everyone gets the point.

    I know you're not part of my hate-Ash club,but who knows,I still have hope.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And,
    "Which young man"?.Try just "which man".

    ReplyDelete
  3. lolz..@which man..
    rite..the argument can be endless if you replace the gender:-)

    so is this what u call a voluptuous back??
    I doubt it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ginkgo,

    Was wondering.. Ermm..what do you mean by replace the gender?Why would women want to drool at Rai's back?EEEEW.

    And,what in your opinion is a voluptuous back?Coulja provide examples?:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LL,
    That was the time Ms.Rai had gained weight - for her roles in Bride and Prejudice and Raincoat. So I guess that shows :)

    But I hear she's back to her svelte form now.

    Priya.

    ReplyDelete
  6. RR
    Hmm..If you ask me, I'd say, anyone tht looks appealing..well endowed..
    which to me, would again mean, curvacious and figure hugging dresses..
    I would want to think neither of us would want to go into more specifics here....though
    I might still contradict myself..:-)

    and btw, replacing the gender means doing it a full switch, not just the viewer...but for the object as well :-)

    In any case, there shdnt be no ewww in what you said. There are quite a few instances of that happening as
    well. Itz become so common that Gays' no longer refer to guys alone. Itz more of a gender neutral word.

    As for egs, Aish defn is in this foto...a volutuous figure...

    You can defn add Salma hayek esp to that list..

    Back home, maybe you could add Meena to that list only if she was .75 times of what she is now.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had commented on this "back" too

    but this pic looks sooo sensuous.

    ReplyDelete

Please do not comment as Anonymous. Please use a name when commenting... even a false one will do! :-) You don't have to register to use a name.