Thursday, December 08, 2005

To be so... let it be so!

I am starting a new work day right now. So far, I have attended the daily morning meeting, and sent out three work-related emails. I am sitting at my desk now. I should really get started on my work. But my mind is on an article and a story I need to write. I know that I will have a good (if I say so myself) article and story in hand, if I spend the rest of the day writing them. Ah, to be a full-time writer!

It is not every morning that I am in the mood to write something. There are mornings when I just want to get on with my tech job. There are mornings when I wish I could be doing some simple menial job which needs no thinking. There are mornings when I wish I was cooking in a restaurant kitchen. There are mornings when I think I should be on the radio running a talk show for Bangalore. There are mornings when I want to be out travelling. There are mornings when I don't even want to get out of bed. Ah, to be so filthy rich that I could do whatever I wanted with my mornings!

Here's a dream I have had for a long time now. I am putting it out into the Universe for what it's worth: I am a filthy rich writer. I have a few bestsellers against my name which earn royalty every day. I have enough money to live comfortably and travel in style. I spend half the year travelling, meeting people, collecting stories. I spend the other half of the year living in a peaceful country setting, putting those stories to paper. These stories will become bestsellers, earning me more royalty. Once a week or so, I teach at a local college, mentoring, encouraging and setting free impressionable young minds. I have interests, resources and hands in a few other projects - movie productions, tech start-ups, a restaurant. I have a happy, healthy, content and loving family. Ah, to be so... let it be so!

4 comments:

  1. what will family be doing when you are traveling and writing? you are going to be absent always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-)

    It shall be so. And some more. The Goddess' blessings are with you :)

    love,
    Sh

    ReplyDelete
  3. anonymous asked - what will family be doing when you are traveling and writing? you are going to be absent always!

    When I am writing, I will live with my family. I can't write 24X7. I will paly with the kids, I will prepare the meals, we will go out, etc.

    I hope that I can do some part of the travelling with my family, at least with my wife. The half year of travelling need not be a full 6-month stretch. A few months during summer vacation, a few during winter vacation, spring break, long weekends, etc. should add up to close to 6 months, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like ur attitude.
    ar--tha

    ReplyDelete

Please do not comment as Anonymous. Please use a name when commenting... even a false one will do! :-) You don't have to register to use a name.