Monday, December 12, 2005

Love Happens!

Someone asked this on a message board:

I was/am more good looking than both my ex-boyfriends. I am intelligent, loyal and very very committed. Place my relationship first, before 'everything else'. I loved them so much. I wanted it to work so badly, but it did not. Why didnt it work. I wonder what kind of girl they must be with now. What does she have that I dont. Why will they like someone else. Everybody like attractive partner. I am very very attractive, very beautiful. They couldnd stop telling me how beautiful I am. And I was funny. And I loved them with all my heart. I never left them. They left me. I am still alone. They both moved on so fast. Moved on with their career, with their life. I am not so whiney in real life, as I may sound in this message. I am fun. I am very fun to be with. And I deserve to be happy. But I am not.

My response:

The only word which comes to my mind right now in association with love is, "happens". Love happens. Cannot be forced, cannot be made to happen.

Love does not wait to see if you are the best person there is. Nor does love wait to see how you love. It happens when it happens. It stops when it stops. It moves on when it moves on. That's all.

There is no point in analyzings the why's and the where's and the what for's. Just let go and let love.

- Swami Libran Lover

3 comments:

  1. Most questions shd be countered with a Why or a Why Not..unless u know the answer

    But then in this case, u cannot, even if you dont know the answer..:-)

    hard to practice aint it, esp when it could be the most imp in your life.....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your point of view but just wanted to show another facet of the same coin. Perhaps, because I am a woman, I sympathise with the woman in question. I don't know how far her relationships went but I thought I would pose a question to you. Tell me, is it alright for a man to sleep with a woman, knowing she's thoroughly in love with him when he's not? I'm not talking about being judgemental from the moral point of view, I'm just asking for a humane point of view. Maybe, for the man, it's a question of, she's willing, so why not? Of course, she would be willing, she's in love with the man, she wants to give him all she has. But, if the man is not emotionally equally involved, shouldn't he stand back and say no, or do men don't have it in them to turn down free sex (I wouldn't call it 'making love' from the man's point of view!)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. libran ru in love wit anybody:-)

    ReplyDelete

Please do not comment as Anonymous. Please use a name when commenting... even a false one will do! :-) You don't have to register to use a name.