Friday, February 29, 2008

Google Agenda is Google Calendar?

Today I got a spam invitation in my Yahoo mailbox, from a Gmail account. The Gmail captcha system was cracked by spammers recently. So, spam mails have started to circulate from Gmail IDs. Anyway, the interesting thing about the spam invite I got was the title 'Google Agenda BETA' at the top. See the screenshot below.

Google Agenda BETA

I have normally seen 'Google Calendar BETA' at that spot. Never heard of anything called Google Agenda. And, the text 'Google Agenda BETA' does link to Google Calendar.

So, is Google Calendar also called as Google Agenda? Perhaps in some specific countries? At this time, the URLS agenda.google.com and www.google.com/agenda do not exist.

2 comments:

  1. I started using the Google Calendar but I'm just not warming up to it. I prefer to use my work outlook calendar for all events professional and personal so it's easier to look up on my blackberry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can access your Outlook calendar from your BlackBerry and you are okay putting your personal stuff on there, that's great.

    I can't connect my personal phone to my official Outlook system. Also, I'm not comfortable putting my personal stuff on there. So, I had to find a workaround to daily export my Outlook appts to Google Calendar and from there, synch with my BlackBerry. It is working fairly well, but I wish the synch-up would happen automatically instead of my having to push a button everyday.

    LL

    ReplyDelete

Please do not comment as Anonymous. Please use a name when commenting... even a false one will do! :-) You don't have to register to use a name.