Thursday, December 18, 2008

December Lunch

My lunch today was a six-course meal:

1. Slices of green apple, marinated and grilled portabella, grilled eggplant & red pepper, avocado and spinach, wrapped in a spinach tortilla with pepperjack cheese, dijon mustard, oil and vinegar. Lightly toasted.

2. One the side: lentil-potato-carrot salad & Cholula hot sauce.

3. One-third cup of sweetened lemonade mixed with two-thirds cup of unsweetened black iced tea.

4. A blue sky half covered with scattered clouds in all shades of dark, grey and white, and in all shapes and sizes.

5. Warm sun rays caressing my skin from between the clouds. Chilly breeze trying to get under my clothes.

6. Vista of the Northwest metropolitan Valley sprawling below me, with mountains beyond, everything covered by a patchwork quilt of cloud shadows.

To enjoy this lunch using a wall-buttress as a stand-up dining table, on the parking lot's 9th floor rooftop: the perfect beauty of the moment filled my stomach, heart and soul.

3 comments:

  1. The past 2-3 days saw clouds and scattered rains here. After nights of rain, the fresh, clean mornings - yesterday and today - were absolutely incredible. The scattered clouds above the valley, the darker clouds coming all the way down to kiss the South Mountains. While driving to work, I kept turning my head to gawk at the clouds and the mountains. Almost ran into a car in front of me yesterday. Had to force myself to get to work yesterday and this morning, instead of just driving up to the top of South Mountain to spend all day there.

    If December is so awesome, my wife should have no complaints if I'm December when I wed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed your foodie posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, Zen. It is just that I rarely eat something which is not a variant of stuff I have already posted on here. So, I've stopped keeping my camera close by at all times, and when I do eat something different, I don't have the camera handy...

    ReplyDelete

Please do not comment as Anonymous. Please use a name when commenting... even a false one will do! :-) You don't have to register to use a name.