Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Star Trek - The Menagerie

I have begun to watch old episodes of Star Trek, starting right from Episode 1 of Season 1. The Full Episodes of Star Trek seasons 1, 2 and 3 are available on CBS.com.

I just finished watching a most interesting episode called The Menagerie, which also happens to be a beautiful piece of science fiction writing. If you have a couple of hours to spare, I encourage you to check out the following two-part video.

The story begins, quite unbelievably, with Mr Spock himself rebelling against his superiors and hijacking the starship Enterprise. This is the episode in which Mr Spock comes into his own and totally outplays Captain Kirk. His last line is just too good: "I see no reason to insult me, Sir. I believe I have been completely logical about the whole affair. That shuts up the smug Captain Kirk, alright.

The Menagerie - Part 1



The Menagerie - Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not comment as Anonymous. Please use a name when commenting... even a false one will do! :-) You don't have to register to use a name.