Sunday, January 08, 2006

Paradox of Love

Just saw the latest version of the movie Parineeta. What a beautiful story! A well-made movie.

The paradox of love is that, we hanker for and value so much the love which we chase after, which is given to us with reluctance... or not given to us at all. Yet, the love which comes to us easily and of its own will, the love which comes with no reluctance or difficulty, we don't seem to value or give it respect enough! We willingly give it pain, hurt, disrespect and neglect.

What fools we are! What a fool I am!

Related post: Old Groucho Marx joke and The Coolidge Effect

2 comments:

  1. I remember saying that this was a beautiful movie.

    Sometimes,I guess,we take the love that comes naturally so much for granted than you neglect it.

    But Saif got his reality check,na?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to think that all the ones who liked me werent right for me and all the ones I wanted wouldnt want me as I was then. That I just had to wait and work for change.

    I was only half correct.

    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338013/

    Elizabethtown
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368709/

    mrciv

    thanks for having a blog open for me to just look around. its been interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Please do not comment as Anonymous. Please use a name when commenting... even a false one will do! :-) You don't have to register to use a name.