Friday, February 24, 2006

Good mentor and a good team

A good mentor and a good team are two invaluable things to have at the work place.

Today, we had the project status review with managers, leads and our project team, for the project I have been leading since July last year. We have completed the system testing. We will complete regression test by the end of March and then implement.

I was quite happy with how the review went. A few people came upto me after the review and expressed their appreciation. That made me happier.

A large part of the credit goes to KathyG, my mentor, and the rest of the team. I just kept it all together and on track. KathyG, was the project manager who did the initial project plan, estimation and kick-off. She then guided us at some important stages in the project. That set a great foundation for the rest of the work which followed. The team is experienced and mature, and most of the time they only need to be told what to do and when. They figure out the best way to do it on their own.

It is indeed highly helpful to have a good mentor and a good team at work. I hope I will always have those two through my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not comment as Anonymous. Please use a name when commenting... even a false one will do! :-) You don't have to register to use a name.