Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Big Screen Productivity

I am switching to a new laptop at work. During this transition period, I have access to both machines - which means, two screens on my desk. I have been working this way for the past couple of days, and I love it.

A surprisingly big portion of working on a computer involves comparing, correlating or transferring information from one application or window to another. I like to have most of my windows maximized to full screen. So, I spend a lot of time switching back and forth between windows. Having two screens side by side made many of my tasks so much more convenient.

So, I am sold on the productivity of using big screens now. I wish I could have a monitor big enough to hold two or three 1024 X 768 sized windows side by side. That would rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not comment as Anonymous. Please use a name when commenting... even a false one will do! :-) You don't have to register to use a name.