Saturday, February 17, 2007

Buffet at the Olives Restaurant of Hotel Deccan Plaza

Hotel Deccan Plaza has a restaurant in it, called Olives. I discovered that the restaurant had a fabulous vegetarian buffet dinner for Rs. 265 (just over $6 American). I really loved the buffet. They had some traditional South Indian such as vatta-kozhambu, koottu and a drumstick-brinjal curry, along with mini-dosas. Traditional North Indian dishes included aloo-palak, paneer-makhan masala, daal, etc. , along with naans. They also had some non-traditional items such as breaded mushroom fry, pineapple tikka and salt-and-pepper-fried tinda. There was also a soup (mulligatawny today), mango juice and a flavorful, aromatic jeera (cumin) drink (it was not jal-jeera, at least not the usual variety). And of course, they had an assortment of desserts – Indian sweets and ice creams and fruits. Everything I ate tasted really good. I was told that the buffet is available for both lunch and dinner every day. I highly recommend it, if you are in Chennai and looking for a good place to eat.

5 comments:

  1. LL,
    Glad you are taking a vacation in India. Take this time to relax, and let go. Just bask in the unconditional love of family. And since you're in my hometown, eat an extra helping in my name :))

    Priya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,

    Hope your vacation is going well. Hope you update your blog soon, it's a great escape from the daily grind!
    -nov

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi....just wondering why you r quiet. I hope you are alright. Its interesting to read yr blog. So please write. Am curious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous - Thanks for your kind words. I have returned to the US as of Mar 5th, and I have been playing catch-up ever since. Along with that, too many things happening here in my life. So, I have not had a chance to post anything new on my blog yet. I hope to post soon. Keep checking back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice blog. For further details contact http://www.eveningflavors.com

    ReplyDelete

Please do not comment as Anonymous. Please use a name when commenting... even a false one will do! :-) You don't have to register to use a name.