Saturday, February 17, 2007

India Trip 2007

My trip to India started at 10:44 PM on Feb 9th from Phoenix to JFK Airport in New York by America West Airlines (US Airways); left New York, by Emirates Airlines, at 10:20 AM on Feb 10th to arrive in Bangalore on the 11th, via Dubai. I have three weeks in Bangalore before returning to Phoenix on March 5th. During this time, my access to the Internet, posting on this blog and responding to emails will be irregular.

While packing for my trip on the evening before (Feb 8th) I was to leave for India, there were a few hours of panic and anxiety when I could not find my original degree certificates and mark sheets. I needed to take them with me when going for my visa-stamping interview at the US Consulate in India. My roommate and I went through every piece of paper and every box I had at home. Then we drove to my office late in the night and looked there without success.

That night was restless and so was the next morning, constantly wondering where I might have misplaced the documents and if I had lost them somewhere. I planned on going once more through every inch of my home during the couple of hours I'd have that evening, before leaving to the airport. However, that morning, I called home and told my mother about the lost documents. She spent the late hours of her night looking for them at my home in Bangalore. Finally, I got a call at 3 PM, my time, informing me that the documents had been found in a drawer at my home in Bangalore! What a relief! But I could have sworn I had brought the original documents with me to Phoenix! Once the documents were found, I could complete my packing and start my travel with much less anxiety. Whew!

2 comments:

  1. Hi didn't realize you were coming to Bangalore. That is where I am it truly is a small world!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi GA Lady,

    I didn't realize you were in Bangalore. I will be here until Mar 4th, on which date I am leaving back for the US.

    If you'd like to have coffee or something, feel free to write to me with your number: libranlover-at-gma1l-d0t-c0om. It will be nice to meet a reader of my blog.

    LL

    ReplyDelete

Please do not comment as Anonymous. Please use a name when commenting... even a false one will do! :-) You don't have to register to use a name.