Sunday, March 05, 2006

Libran Lover's Blog Updates

Time for a few updates about my blog:

  1. Categories: If you notice the side-bar of this blog (you may have to scroll down a bit), you will notice a great new section called Categories! Lack of this feature has been a long time complaint of Blogger.com users. But now I am very happy to have this feature, courtesy of Amit Upadhyay who runs the third-party service Labelr.com. That's right, this feature is not from Blogger.com! It is created and offered by Amit. This service is still in beta. So, if you see any glitches, please let us know about it by leaving a comment on my blog.


  2. My Buddy is published for your reading and dreaming pleasure. Back in late Oct 2005 (has it been so long already?), I described a futuristic all-purpose device called My Buddy in two posts. Soon after publishing My Buddy's description, I pulled off the two posts and kept them in draft status so that the whole world could not read them. At that time, I had some ideas of pursuing the creation of the My Buddy gadget, and may be becoming the next Bill Gates and Steve Jobs rolled into one. After giving it much thought over the past few months, I have realized that I am not in a position right now to create such a grand, dream device and the technology that goes with it. Such a device is at least two generations away from what is technically feasible right now. When I wrote the original description of My Buddy, I was not dreaming of becoming the next Bill Gates / Steve Jobs, and not even of becoming rich from the idea. I was merely dreaming of being the user of such a fantastic device, and that continues to be my basic dream today as far as My Buddy goes. So, I am sharing the description of My Buddy once again with the world, hoping that someone or the other would make it a reality.


  3. Since the beginning of this year, I have been publishing only time sensitive posts on this blog. Meaning, posts which could not wait, which had to be published as soon as I could type them out. Meanwhile, I have a handful of other posts in draft status. These are posts which can wait. They shall be published towards the end of March. So, keep watching this space.

Those are the updates for now. Have a great time!

Update on June 23rd, 2007: Update no. 1 above has been obsolete ever since Blogger was upgraded to have its own great label system. I now use Blogger's label system, as you can see in the sidebar.

1 comment:

  1. Hi.

    1. It would be nice to open a category in its own window

    2. If its not too much to program, a list of posts under each category when that category is selected will make for easier reading.

    3. Also, when I click a category and hit the "Back" button in the browser, it doesnt take me back to libranlover.blogspot.com/WhateverPageIwasOn.html

    It navigates me away from the blog itself to the previous site loaded into the browser.

    Loading each category in its own page or window or frame should take care of No.3 also.

    ReplyDelete

Please do not comment as Anonymous. Please use a name when commenting... even a false one will do! :-) You don't have to register to use a name.