Sunday, May 28, 2006

Vegetarian Lunch in America 9: Cajun Grill Veg Combo

Cajun Vegetarian Combo(Click for bigger pic)

Today's vegetarian lunch: A three-items vegetarian combination meal from Kelly's Cajun Grill location at the Arizona Mills Mall in Tempe, Arizona. My combination had a spicy pasta, roasted potatoes and vegetarian rice-with-beans. I spiked up my food with the special red-hot sauce they have. It has a distinct flavor and is really spicy. I thoroughly enjoy it despite my burning mouth and running nose! The size of the portions are always HUGE. The picture above shows only a half-portion left over after my lunch!

Kelly's cajun grill is a fast food chain. Their items have a distinct flavor to them. I really love their food. When I lived in Portland, there was one very close to my office and I ate there often. The only location I know of in the Phoenix area is the one in the Food Court at the Arizona Mills Mall. It is far from both my office and home, so I don't get to eat there often. But whenever I go to the mall, I try to eat at the Cajun grill.

Cost: $4.31 (includes $0.32 tax), about 189.64 Indian Rupees.

Vegetarian alert: Most Cajun restaurants have very few vegetarian choices. But Kelly's fast food chain has some good choices for vegetarians. In fact, their vegetarian items are vegan - with no eggs or dairy. You have to be careful when you get the vegetarian rice-with-beans because they also have a fried rice which has chicken and eggs in it. So, don't get confused.

Background: Vegetarian Lunch in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not comment as Anonymous. Please use a name when commenting... even a false one will do! :-) You don't have to register to use a name.