Friday, June 01, 2007

Bah, Women!

I have had some success with women. I have also failed with other women. I won't say how many in either case. Just suffice it to say that the numbers are enough to notice some very clear trends.

I have almost always had success with women when I don't care what happens in the relationship. When I am not emotionally invested in them, they become open to me. When I don't pursue them too hard, they come to me of their own accord. There have even been times when I have really cared for a woman, and then given up on her because no results were forthcoming, and soon after there would be results, more than I could handle. When I don't compliment them, they fish for compliments. When I don't appreciate them, they appreciate me. When I don't give much, they seek and seek. Then when I give a little bit, it's valued much.

On the other hand, whenever I really care for a woman, things don't turn out well. The more I care for a woman, the more pain I get in return. The more I am committed to someone, the more they want to be away from me. The more I give, the more they don't want. Until they finally decide that they want nothing from me, nothing to do with me. They even decide that I am not a good presence in their lives.

"I don't have such feelings for you." "I don't think we are right for each other." "I am afraid of you." These are all lines I have heard from women to whom I have truly, sincerely, completely offered myself and everything I have.

On the other hand, when I don't offer much, when I am not interested, in fact, when I actively discourage them, they are willing to accept anything and everything. I have known women who did not want to be involved with a man who was not a virgin. But they were willing to accept me despite knowing that I have been involved with other women in the past. I have known women who did not want to be with a man who drinks. Yet, they have been willing to accept me, despite knowing that I enjoy a good drink. I have known women who never thought they would fall for a much older beastly-looking person, with a thinning hairline - and they have fallen for me, although (or because) I wouldn't fall for them.

Heck, right now there are women who are into me and who'd accept me, despite knowing that I am totally into somebody else! I don't want them! And then, there have been women who encouraged me and pursued me actively, only to run away from me, the moment I decided to give them everything they asked for. They cannot even give me a fraction of the time and courteousness, let alone affection or a fair chance, that I gave them when they were pursuing me.

Bah, women! I know that if I gave up and rejected all womanhood right now, a bunch of them will turn up to fill the vacuum in my life. That is how it has always been. It's as predictable as clockwork.

I don't want that. I don't want any bunch of women in my life. If the one person I have reserved myself for wants to come, she can come. If she doesn't want to come, she is welcome to have a happy life of her own. I am too tired to care anymore!

7 comments:

  1. Mwahaha. Good one. What next, Mount Everest?

    - R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. Everything you said, in reverse. Bah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. R - If my commitment to my love takes me to Mt Everest, so be it. The top of Mt Everest or the depth of the deepest oceans are nothing in front of my commitment to my true love.

    zendenizen - LOL! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is possible as a Libra that you are very intense. You live hard, love harder and to some that is scary. I too am a libra. I have the same issues that you have and even as a woman. because love is so important to a Libra, if the scales are not balanced, it is a disaster. Try looking for Gemini or Airies. Leo is good too but moody. Airies is a good balance for Libra. It is interesting that any woman has said you scare her. That tells me that you may be a touch too intense too fast. Just a thought, From your writings, I feel you are increadably intelegent and deeply sensitive. I like your mind. I find your wit sharp, direct and stimulating. You will find true love but not until you can control the intesity of your emotions. You will make an amazing mate for someone. Do not give up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous,

    Thanks for your kind words. You are right in many aspects.

    While Aries might be a good balance for a Libra, the compatibility levels might not be very high due to their opposed natures. When it comes to compatibility, you are right about Gemini being a great bet for a Libra.

    I was not told that I am scary because of my intensity. I was told that I am scary because there is potential in me to be a very bad person.

    That aside, like you, almost every woman who has known me well has told me that I will make a good mate and my wife will be really lucky to have me. :-) I guess that's enough boasting for this morning.

    Once again, thanks for your nice words. Good luck to you on the path of love.

    LL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Librans and Aries make for a good fling but not a lasting relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Librans and Saggi do make good partners.

    -D

    ReplyDelete

Please do not comment as Anonymous. Please use a name when commenting... even a false one will do! :-) You don't have to register to use a name.